DNS problem in ADDS
Rcentyly i have Configured Active Directory Domain Service In server 2008. Follwoing are the Configurations of the Domain Controller: Domain Name is xyz.com. IP:92.168.0.1 DNS: 192.168.0.1(DNS is configured automatically with DCPROMO) My problem is I have assigned Stating IP to the server, after promoting the server as Domain controller DNS is changing automatically to 127.0.0.1. but the domain is working correctlly. I cant find the reason and why this is happening. Could any one kindly guide me in this issue. How can i change DNS back to 192.168.0.1Satya
October 30th, 2010 4:30pm

Are you saying that the TCP/IP DNS Client setting on the DC is pointing to 127.0.0.1. If so, that configuration is acceptable. Visit: anITKB.com, an IT Knowledge Base.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 30th, 2010 5:01pm

Hi, 127.0.0.1 is the loopback address. If the computer relies itself for DNS resolution, the loopback address is OK. The inclusion of its own IP address in the list of DNS servers improves performance and increases availability of DNS servers. Please type the following command and see if it responds the localhost: nslookup 127.0.0.1 192.168.0.1 Best Regards Dale Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
November 1st, 2010 5:28am

This is normal for an Active Directory Server with DNS installed. You configure all forwarders etc within the dns console hence why DNS is still working ok.
November 2nd, 2010 4:41am

can change the dns back to 192.168.0.1Satya
November 18th, 2010 6:25am

Why this was happening.? am confused very much with this change ..... thanx in advanceSatya
November 18th, 2010 6:27am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics