DNS Suffixes not appending
I have two domains linked by trusts. CompanyA.com and CompanyB.net. In DomainA I can ping without FQDN. In Domain B I must use FQDN. I have tried adding both Domains in the "Append these suffixes (in order)" list, but I do not seem to get the box to try these suffixes. Oddly in DOmainA I do not have the "Append these suffixes (in order)" list and yet it appends as needed. Each Name Server in both domains is setup for conditional forwarding to the other Domain. I cannot see where the DNS Servers are configured differently to explain this. Does anyone have a suggestion on either situation? 1) Not Appending 2) DNS Server config to get resolution of unqualified name searches?
November 19th, 2010 10:55am

I have two domains linked by trusts. CompanyA.com and CompanyB.net. In DomainA I can ping without FQDN. In Domain B I must use FQDN. I have tried adding both Domains in the "Append these suffixes (in order)" list, but I do not seem to get the box to try these suffixes. hi, have you verified that dns servers in both domain are reacheable each other and can resolve fqdn names in both domains ?Edoardo Benussi - Microsoft MVP Management Infrastructure - Systems Administration https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/Profile/Benussi Windows Server Italian Forum Moderator edo[at]mvps[dot]org
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 20th, 2010 2:26pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics