DNS Servers can't resolve on my network

Suddenly all my DNS configured on my server, can't resolve Global Catalog, Kerberos, the name of this computer, LDAP, PDC, names in the forest root and names in the primary DNS domain zone

Title:
DNS: The DNS server 208.67.222.222 on Local Area Connection must resolve Global Catalog resource records for the domain controller

Severity:
Error

Date:
8/28/2015 11:15:24 AM

Category:
Configuration

Issue:
The DNS server 208.67.222.222 on Local Area Connection did not successfully resolve the name _ldap._tcp.gc._msdcs.guzmor.local.

Impact:
Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) operations that depend on locating a Global Catalog will fail.

Resolution:
Click Start, click Network, click Network and Sharing Center, and then click Change adapter settings to configure DNS servers that can resolve the name _ldap._tcp.gc._msdcs.guzmor.local.

More information about this best practice and detailed resolution procedures: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=121970

I have no clue of what happened with this, haven't update or move anything on server, but since this is happening, all the client computers are failing to log in, i get a message that said: "The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed."

I can't even run gpupdate on computers and nslookup show default server as Unkown
September 1st, 2015 4:47pm

Hi lgnacio B.Rivas,

According to your description, we may use command dcdiag to diagnose the problem on the DNS server, find out the error message it throws.

If you want to learn more about dcdiag command, you may click the following link:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc731968.aspx

If the diagnosis result indicates that the _msdcs DNS zone is damaged, we may try recreating the _msdcs DNS zone on the DNS server, see if it will work. To recreate the zone, we may use command ipconfig/flushdns, ipconfig/registerdns, then enter command net stop netlogon, net start netlogon.  

Besides, could you provide more information about the framework of your lab?

Best regards,

Anne he  

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 4th, 2015 12:19am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics