DNS Server and Intersite Messaging not started after restarting .
Hi, Can you post errors and warnings from the event log, Start -> in search box enter eventvwr and press enter We will be interested mainly in errors from System Logs\Application and System Logs\System. -- Mike Burr
July 23rd, 2010 10:06pm

After restarting the Windows Server2008, the DNS Server and Intersite Messaging could not start automatically.So i want to start these two are manual.In log file there is no information or error code about this. How can i solve this problem? Anybody knowing the solution please respond to me.I am waiting for your valuable suggestions.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 26th, 2010 8:57am

Hello Mike Burr, The following error is shown in log file. The description for Event ID 4 from source Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Server-Service cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer. If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.
July 26th, 2010 9:19am

On 07/26/10 11:44:34, component SMS_WSUS_SYNC_MANAGER on computer SERVER reported: SMS WSUS Sync Manager error. Message: Failed to connect to site source. CSiteSource error: 2. Source: CWSyncMgr::ProcessSiteNotifications. The operating system reported error 2147500037: Unspecified error
July 26th, 2010 9:23am

Hello, is that server a domain controller and are there other DCs also? Please post the event viewer errors also from it so we can verify with the event ids.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
July 26th, 2010 10:27am

Hi Sonu.M.V , Tanks for posting here. Please check if it worked with the following workaround below: 1. Please make sure “Automatic” is the correct startup type setting of both services . you can check it by running services.msc, find and right click services ,properties. 2. Check the account of launch services. In properties of services , click “Log on” tab and set “log on as:” to "local system account“. If it always had set, then please assign an account with choose “This account” and full in account name and password of local administrators group. 3. If it still occurred this issue after above settings, please check if it automatically start in safe mode . You may like to click “F8” when computer reboot and click “Safe mode with networking”. Thanks. Tiger Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
July 26th, 2010 11:02am

The description for Event ID 4015 from source Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Server-Service cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer. If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event. The following information was included with the event: Event Xml: <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Server-Service" Guid="{71A551F5-C893-4849-886B-B5EC8502641E}" EventSourceName="DNS" /> <EventID Qualifiers="49152">4015</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>2</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Opcode>0</Opcode> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-06-01T10:36:11.000000000Z" /> <EventRecordID>642</EventRecordID> <Correlation /> <Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" /> <Channel>DNS Server</Channel>
July 26th, 2010 1:32pm

Dear Tiger, I followed these steps, but cannot eliminate the problem.........Any other suggestions...
July 27th, 2010 1:46pm

Hi Sonu.M.V , Thanks for your update. Is these server a domain controller ? I have noticed that you have encountered error ID 4015, this indicate that your DNS server has encountered a critical error from the Active Directory. So please using dcdiag utility to check that the Active Directory is functioning properly. DCDIAG is a tool used to validate DNS health. There are a few commands that can be used to validate DNS server health. Please post the result of below command on your server for further investigation: dcdiag /test:dns. Test checks the health of DNS settings for the whole enterprise. dcdiag /v. Test checks all settings and services running on domain controller Dcdiag http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc731968(WS.10).aspx Thanks. Tiger LiPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
July 28th, 2010 5:40am

Hello Tiger Li, I done the Dcdiag tests but i cannot see the result.Please tell me about the output viewing procedure of Dcdiag test. Thanks for your valuable replies. Regarding Sonu.M.V
August 5th, 2010 7:48am

Hi Sonu.M.V, Thanks for update . You may like to redirect the dcdiag result to a file with " > <file path> " parameter. For example : dcdiag /test:dns > C:\dcdiag_DNS.txt Open the file then you can see the result, and please post any fail record here. Thanks. Tiger LiPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
August 5th, 2010 8:07am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics