DNS PROBLEM
i am trying to re-configure my active directory on windows 2003 server after i demoted the first one. anytime i type the dns full name, it gives error that the dns name exist so am unable to continue. i want to delete the first dns name. how do i go about it.
January 28th, 2010 6:23pm

please make it sure that you don't have the same domain name existing on your network. In this case you can also try removing the complete dns service. go to to the c:\windows\system32 delete the dns folder and try reinstalling the dns service once again it shall create the dns folder once again and then give a try. Thanks http://technetfaqs.wordpress.com
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 28th, 2010 6:55pm

i am trying to re-configure my active directory on windows 2003 server after i demoted the first "one."Hi , I would like to know more about your domain architecture , is this a single forest multiple domain environment , if so please do provide appropriate actions you have performed so far along with the domain names And please provide the steps you have performed to modify or change the DNS server.
February 2nd, 2010 5:34am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics