DNS Migration Problem

Hi

We have a setup of windows 2003 DNS server and recently we migrated to windows 2012 DNS server ( Which is a AD as well ) The new windows 2012 works fine and the DNS is successfully migrated from 2003, Now i have a problem in my environment the member server is pointing to the new IP of windows 2012 but when i ping the domain name it still points to the old DNS server

I have tried all methods but still no luck

Example :- Old DNS IP = 10.10.10.11 domain name abc.com , New DNS iP = 10.10.10.18  ABC.com When i do an NSLOOKUP on the member or client server i m able to resolve to the new DNS IP but when i PING ABC.com it retrieve the old DNS IP

Somebody help....!!!

Thanks and Regards

Kiran Dexter

January 16th, 2014 6:27pm

Have you demoted the old 2003 server as a domain controller/dns? In that case, you should remove its A record from the "same as parent" part in
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 16th, 2014 8:41pm

HI

Yes, The A record had been removed

Thanks and Regards

Dexter

January 17th, 2014 8:51pm

Hi,

As you said, you migrate the DNS server from windows server 2003 to 2012, how did you do the migration?

For DNS migration:add a new DNS server 2012 (We can say 2012 DC with DNS); redirect all the clients/applications to the new DC after that we can demote the old server.

Regards.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 18th, 2014 4:27am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics