DNS External MX records
Uninstalled our Exchange Server and now just using the built-in SMTP virtual server for devices or services that need to send mail. (Our company now uses Google Apps as mail host.) We have a copier/scanner that sends scanned docs using the SMTP virtual server. It works great as long as the recipient is not our domain. So, for example, if we are ABC.com and an employee tries to scan a document to themselves (e.g. johnd@ABC.com), it fails. I have put all of Google's MX records into our DNS database. Still not working. So, my question is this...how do I get the SMTP virtual server resolve ABC.com MX and pass along to Google's domain? NSLOOKUP does not resolve/show the MX records I've added for Google's e-mail servers. Is this possible?
August 16th, 2011 2:21pm

Hi LTXADMIN, Thanks for posting here. > It works great as long as the recipient is not our domain. So, for example, if we are ABC.com and an employee tries to scan a document to themselves (e.g. johnd@ABC.com), it fails. So which DNS servers is this SMTP host pointing to use now ? and is your active directory domain name same as internet mail service? Maybe you can get a solution form Google App help forum : http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Google%20Apps/thread?tid=0cce162b213f7e66&hl=en Thanks. Tiger Li Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 17th, 2011 1:14am

Hi, Pls read the below link. You will come to know how internal and external DNS will work. http://msmvps.com/blogs/acefekay/archive/2009/09/04/split-zone-or-no-split-zone-can-t-access-internal-website-with-external-name.aspxBest regards Biswajit Biswas Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights. MCP 2003,MCSA 2003, MCSA:M 2003, CCNA, MCTS, Enterprise Admin
August 22nd, 2011 6:03am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics