DNS Duplicate/Conflicts
Hello, On our Windows domain, I've noticed that the DNS server is showing a lot of duplications where there are multiple hostnames per IP address. This is mostly happening to laptops and I'm guessing the most likely cause is that when they're working remotely, they often take the network cable out before the laptop has logged off properly so the IP isn't being released. What I'd like your opinions on is the 'best-practice' method of removing these duplicates so it's left all squeeky-clean. I've done some reading up on scavenging (which isn't currently setup on our DNS server) and would like to know if this would be the best thing to setup and what impact it would have on workstations - would it disconnect anyone from the network etc. - any implications that a change to remove duplicates could have, please. As always, any help most appreciated in advance. Kind Regards, Matt
January 31st, 2012 9:47am

These articles are all a great help - going to clue up on things and it seems taking it slowly is the best method. Thanks very much to all! Matt
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 1st, 2012 6:00am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics