DNS: Interface RAS (Dial In) Interface on the DNS server should be configured to register it's IP addresses in DNS
Hi Guy's I am running Windows Server 2008r2 as a DC, Exchange 2010, DHCP and RRAS on a single server which has 1 NIC. Everything on the server is running fine and clients are able to VPN into the server using SSTP or PPTP just fine. However when I run the Best Prctices Analyzer for the DNS server role I get the following errors; Error DNS: RAS (Dial In) Interface must have configured DNS servers Error: DNS: Interface RAS (Dial In) Interface on the DNS server should be configured to register it's IP addresses in DNS When I click the explaination the Microsoft link tells me to do the following DNS: Interface <adapter name> on the DNS server should be configured to register its IP addresses in DNS I have setup the IPV4 adaptor as to the instructions to this link http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff807401(WS.10).aspx but I still get the above 2 errors. Does anyone know how I might be able to resolve this issue. Many thanks in advance
January 20th, 2013 12:46pm

Hi, Thank you for the post. For BPA warning, it is because that you may have installed the role Network Policy and Access Service which including the Routing and Remote Access, RAS Interface is a virtual interface, it is very normal that the interface cant be configured DNS server. So I suggest that you can just ignore this warning message. Or I want to confirm with you whether you still need to use the service of Network Policy and Access Service, if not, you can try to uninstall the role, then the message will disappear. Regards,Nick Gu - MSFT
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 23rd, 2013 5:35am

Hi, Thank you for the post. For BPA warning, it is because that you may have installed the role Network Policy and Access Service which including the Routing and Remote Access, RAS Interface is a virtual interface, it is very normal that the interface cant be configured DNS server. So I suggest that you can just ignore this warning message. Or I want to confirm with you whether you still need to use the service of Network Policy and Access Service, if not, you can try to uninstall the role, then the message will disappear. Regards,Nick Gu - MSFT
January 23rd, 2013 5:35am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics