DMP 2007 Problem
I have a DPM 2007 installed on Windows 2003 storage server (server1)...It has all my backups setup just the way I want them.I have an Identical Server (server2)that I am trying to setup as an offsite backup server...however I cant get it to protect the other DPM server (server1)...The agent installed fine...but when I go to create a protection group I click the + sign to expand the server(server1) It sits there with an hour glass for a couple minutes and the gives this error: DPM cannot browse backupsrv.domain.com because the agent is not responding. If you just installed an agent on backupsrv.domain.com, the computer might be restarting. Wait a few minutes after Windows starts for the agent to become available. Otherwise, troubleshoot the problem as follows: 1) Check recent records from the DPMRA source in the Application Event Log on backupsrv.domain.com to find out why the agent failed to respond. 2) Make sure that the DPM server is remotely accessible from backupsrv.domain.com. 3) If a firewall is enabled on the DPM server, make sure that it is not blocking requests from backupsrv.bradford-co-fla.org. 4) Restart the DPM Protection Agent service on backupsrv.domain.com if the service fails to start, re-install the protection agent. ID: 33 Details: Internal error code: 0x8099090EWhat could be the problem?
August 28th, 2008 4:05pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics