DHCP server stops
Recently I'm having issues with some clients not connecting to the internet. Checking the event log, I see that the DHCP service has been shutting down periodly with these two errors: EVENT ID: 1004 and 7023 with access denied. Any idea what could be causing this? sounds like a permissions issue, but I have not made any changes lately in group policy.
December 23rd, 2009 8:55pm

set permission on following key for NETWORK SERVICE account to FULL ALLOW[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Dhcp\Parameters]As for cause, we could play the what if game all day. :) Let me know if this doesnt work or if the permission is already set to full control.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 23rd, 2009 10:46pm

Hi Michkali, The Network Service requires permissions to open the following registry keys for the DHCP Client service to start. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Dhcp\Parameters HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters To resolve this problem, assign the Network Service account Full Control access to the above subkeys. For more information, please refer to: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/895149 Regards, Bruce
December 24th, 2009 12:26pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics