DHCP scope options and address pool disappear in Windows Server 2003 sp2 Dhcp server
Hi Guys , we found this morning after some clients complains, that our Windows Server 2003 Dhcp Server didn't have some scope options and address pool in many scopes we had defined previously. Any ideas of what could cause this behaviour? Best Regards, Federico GiampietriFederico Giampietri Latamsupport IT Infrastructure Services
July 4th, 2011 11:27am

Hello, normally this occur only if you configure the settings manual. Never had seen disappearing settings just out of the blue.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 4th, 2011 2:16pm

Hi Meinolf, thanks for the response! I think that we are experincing the behaviour described here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936009/en-us Best Regards, Fed.-Federico Giampietri Latamsupport IT Infrastructure Services
July 4th, 2011 2:55pm

Hello, sounds to be your solution, would be nice to hear if it helps. :-)Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
July 4th, 2011 3:32pm

Hi This morning we found that one of our main scopes lost almost all of the scope options again, yesterday after I've applied the fix I detected one reservation whose IP address matches the scope ID. Do you how to check the DHCP database in order to find this kind of reservations? Best Regards Federico Giampietri Latamsupport IT Infrastructure Services
July 5th, 2011 9:05am

Hi Meinolf, the hotfix http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936009/en-us fixed the problem, but after you applied the fix you have to delete all the bad reservations that you can have. Best Regards Federico Giampietri Latamsupport IT Infrastructure Services
July 6th, 2011 8:53am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics