DHCP not allowing a reservation due to a mac address in use.
When trying to add a reservation to a scope I get "The specified address is not available" When I do t a netsh ... show clients, it is not there. But if I attempt to reconcile, it shows up as an issue after verification. I then attempt to reconcile and it errors and directs me to the error log to see the error. There are no relevant errors there. After the attempted reconciliation, I the do a netsh ... show clients again. This time it does show up as inactive, but it is not listed in the console. Also, I can not add options to the reservation as if it does not exist. Has anyone had this type of issue before, and if so, how did you handle it?
March 29th, 2010 4:55pm

Please make sure that you make reservation for IP in the address pool
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 29th, 2010 10:17pm

The addresses I used for testing have been set to be excluded from the actual DHCP pool. For some reason though, the system does not accept that particular MAC address. The IP address can be used with another mac address, and I can not find an instance of that mac address listed anywhere.
March 31st, 2010 8:27pm

I'm confused. Are you having trouble creating an IP reservation for a particular MAC address, or are you having trouble creating an IP reservation for a particular IP?
April 1st, 2010 12:23am

I totally understand being confused on this one. It is the mac address that cannot be reserved. I have scoured to find if this mac address had been entered anywhere in this dhcp server, and it has not.
April 5th, 2010 5:05pm

I am having the exact same issue. Did you find any resolution? I have tried to enter in the MAC address for a number of different addresses with no success. I did however create a new scope and it was accepted there. For some reason, it thinks that the MAC address is already in the scope somewhere, but I cannot find it. I have tried restarting the DHCP service restarting the server Jetpack the dhcp.mdb searched for the mac in the client list.
May 5th, 2010 6:32pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics