DHCP Server service big non-paged pool memory leak
Hi, I have a Windows Server 2008 Standard x64 RTM installation that suffers from a huge memory leak from the DHCP Server service (which is in its own svchost.exe). The service was started less than 48 hours ago and is currently using 167MB of non-paged pool memory! The others memory numbers looks normal. Restarting the service seems to reclaim the memory (it was at more than 250MB before the last service restart). I tried to disable the DNS dynamic update as hinted by an article on another DHCP memory leak problem on Windows Server 2003 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939928 ) but the leak is still there.By using a Data Collector Set in perfmon and plotting the non-paged pool memory usage, it seems that the leak stops at night when there are no clients the network.The server is not under heavy load at all, its currently used as a DHCP, DNS, File, IIS and WSUS server for less than 10 clients. I remember having a strange comportment during RC1 testing when one day I get a Not enough resource available error that prevented me from launching any application or opening new sessions until I restarted the server. This may be the same problem when left running longer (it was approximately after a week). Any ideas on stopping this leak ? (the leak is now at 173 MB)
February 11th, 2008 3:35pm

Till now this is the only post i've seen on this problem and I have exactly the same.I workarounded it by restarting it once a day via a scheduled job.Did you installed the whole dhcp service (i installed the ip v4 part only...)?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 2nd, 2009 2:36am

The problem has been fixed with Service Pack 2.Please install it.
December 22nd, 2009 7:59pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics