DHCP Server: Installation succeeded with errors on Windows 2008 R2 domain controller
Hello, I have a domain with Windows 2003 domain and I am in the process of installing Windows 2008 R2 as additional domain controllers to this domain. Our domain controller also act as a DHCP server in some cases. I am trying to install DHCP role on one of our Windows 2008 R2 DC and I am getting error: ============================================= DHCP Server: Installation succeeded with errors Error:> Attempt to configure DHCP Server failed with error code 0x80074E54. The scope parameters are incorrect. Either the scope already exists or its subnet address and mask is inconsistent with the subnet address and mask of an existing scope. ============================================= We are 100% IPv4 network and I haven't disabled the default IPv6 protocol enabled on NIC as per advised by Microsoft PSS. Network interface on Server has a static IPv4 address and a default dynamic addreess for IPv6. Link-local address for IPv6 IS fe80::5541:d0bb:e12:cee6%11 . I am not sure of the cause of this DHCP error and I hope someone could help me out. Such an error is a concern to me. If I bring DHCP mmc on the server, IPv4 and IPv6 has GREEN checks on it and the scope I configured for IPv4 is visible as if it's functional. Thanks in advance <Error>: Attempt to configure DHCP Server failed with error code 0x80074E54. The scope parameters are incorrect. Either the scope already exists or its subnet address and mask is inconsistent with the subnet address and mask of an existing scope.
August 23rd, 2010 11:31am

Hi, Thanks for the post. Please perform the following steps to troubleshoot this issue. 1. Uninstalled the DHCP role. 2. Rebooted the server 3. Deleted all the files and folders from the C:\Windows\System32\DHCP folder 4. Installed the DHCP role 5. Configured a new DHCP scope as per network settings Does it work? If this issue still occurs, please collect the MPSReport. 1. Download proper MPS Report tool from the website below. Microsoft Product Support Reports http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=CEBF3C7C-7CA5-408F-88B7-F9C79B7306C0&displaylang=en 2. Double-click to run it, if requirement is not met, please follow the wizard to download and install them. After that, click Next, when the "Select the diagnostics you want to run" page appears, select "General", “Internet and Networking”, “Business Networks”, “Server Components”, click Next. 3. After collecting all log files, choose "Save the results", choose a folder to save <Computername>MPSReports.cab file. Use Windows Live SkyDrive (http://windowslive.com/online/skydrive ) to upload the file and then send the download address to me directly at tfwst@microsoft.com Thanks, MilesPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 24th, 2010 5:24am

Hello Miles, I apologize for the late reply. Find below the steps I performed before I saw your suggestions. 1. I uninstalled the role. Deleted all files under \system32\DHCP 2. Added the role with start/end IP address etc for DHCP. Got the same error. 3. Opened DHCP, IPv4 and IPv6 are both checked green. Manually deleted the scope under IPv4 and configured them manually. This worked. I am not sure whether the auto configure agent is working properly with Windows 2008 R2 and not sure whether this is a global issue. ANYWAYS, Thanks for your suggestions and time. Tom
August 25th, 2010 10:34pm

After following your answer to this problem, my whole network crashed and the hard drives of all 5 of my servers were fried, all in all i believe that you owe me a sum of $5000 due to failed hardware and downtime. Regards, Creamy CMan
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 19th, 2012 10:23pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics