DHCP Scripting
I am looking for a script that I can run against all of our DHCP scopes that will allow me to change both the DNS and WINS entries under the Scope Options. Can anyone help me by possibly sending me a link to such a script? Thanks, Joseph
May 26th, 2011 7:16pm

Here is an example script ( I have not tested) that will do what you are asking... http://bradstechblog.com/netsh/manage-multiple-dhcp-scopes-with-netsh-script Here is a recommendation... Since your DNS and WINS options should be servicing all of your scopes, if not the majority, you should remove options 006, 044, and 046 out of your scopes and create a Server option that will apply to every scope hosted on the DHCP server. That way, if you needed to make a change to your DNS and/or WINS settings, you only need to change the Server Option which is being inheritted by each scope. If by chance, you have a few scopes that require different DNS and WINS values, then create scope options for those scopes which will override the "global" settings. Visit: anITKB.com, an IT Knowledge Base.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 26th, 2011 8:17pm

Thank you for your fast assistance, JM!! You need a 6th medal.
May 26th, 2011 8:52pm

Hope the information provided solves your issue. Let us know if the script (if you decide to use it) works out for you. Visit: anITKB.com, an IT Knowledge Base.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 26th, 2011 9:09pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics