DHCP Option Tags are not being applied...

Hi,

About to loose my mind... basically we are working towards a small WYSE Thin Client deployment in our environment.  The WYSE clients require to receive certain DHCP Option Tags to find the WCM server of which they receive their configuration from.  Same applies to the WDM Server as well.  The problem is no matter what we do, our test client is not receiving the custom option tags we've defined in our DHCP server.  

DHCP Servers:

vlan41

Test Client:

vlan46 - ip helpers defined on the switch

Set to receive the same ip address from the DHCP server through the reservation route.

Option Tags:

186 - WDM Server - 10.40.1.184

195 - WCM Server - 10.40.1.185

196 - WCM Path - / 

I've installed Wire Shark on the test client to monitor the DHCP activity.  The above custom options tags are not being pushed on to the client.  

The Router, DNS Server and Domain Tags are being pushed.  So it's working but also not working????!!!

Anybody with some insight to this problem?

• Edited by culusahin Monday, April 14, 2014 5:19 PM
April 14th, 2014 8:01pm

Hello ,

Thank you for your question.

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 16th, 2014 10:48am

Hi,

I noticed that you have gathered the wireshark traces on the client, have you also gather it on DHCP server to ensure if dhcp server send the custom option to client? If possible, please show me the traces and export the DHCP database to me.

Thank you.

Regards,

Steven Song

April 16th, 2014 1:01pm

I've just installed Wire Shark on the DHCP server... Looking at the offer packet coming from the DHCP, I can't see the those option tags I've defined.  So it's definitely the DHCP server.  By the way I've installed DHCP on a separate server today, created the scope and the tags from scratch, made no difference. 

• Edited by culusahin 17 hours 19 minutes ago
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 16th, 2014 1:16pm

I've just setup a DHCP server in the same subnet and vlan as the client, changed the ip helpers on the switch.  Same issue. 
April 17th, 2014 5:19am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics