DHCP MMC Sloooooooow to load and fully open
When I open the DHCP mmc and connect to one of our Windows 2003 R2 DHCP servers, it takes about 2 minutes to fully load everything. Is there something I can tweak to speed things up a bit?
March 18th, 2008 8:32pm

Hi, Based my research, Microsoft Management Console (MMC) uses the interface that is published by WMI provider to load the remote DHCP console. WMI remote connection is based on RPC protocol. So can you temporarily disable firewall on the target server and test the result? Additionally, please test if this behavior also happens to load other management console? If you use another PC to load this DHCP console, does this issue still persist? Best wishes --------------Morgan Che
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 21st, 2008 4:38am

Hello Morgan! Thanks for the info on my post. I did some more checking and here's what I've found so far. The Windows 2003 server that has DCHP on it, that I'm trying to connect to, is not firewalled. All the other MMCs (DNS, Group Policy, ADUC) all open very quick and snappy. What I think is the problem is the fact that the remote DHCP server I'm connecting to has a Superscope DHCP range on it. Something about that causes the loading of the server info very slow. I can connect to other DHCP servers in my network that have single DHCP ranges and they connect very fast. So there's something in how the RSAT tools connect to Superscope DHCP ranges that takes time to load things.
March 21st, 2008 5:09pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics