DHCP Client will not start see KB article below
We have a 2003 server sp2, with this common issue of the DHCP client not starting.We've tried the registry edits below to enable the network service but have had no luck. (see KB article below)http://support.microsoft.com/kb/895149Of course Event ID 7023 is present in case you are wondering and yes we are local admins on this box.Any suggestions? We have run out of ideas on how to resolve this...
June 24th, 2009 11:57pm

Hello,just to get you correct you added the "Network service" accountin the registry permissions for thos keys. Did you restart the server after adding them? And the servers are upgraded form windows 2000 to 2003?Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 25th, 2009 12:12am

Hello Meinolf,Unfortunately I don't see any evidence of an upgrade here... No WINNT folder just Windows so I am guessing no to that one. We support the servers for our customers so I am not sure, doesn't look like it though.No we haven't restarted the server yet, I will check with them to see when we can do that.One other thing I was thinking of that wasn't mentioned in the KB Article was, Ya know how for folder structures you can go to advanced under permissions and apply to child objects? Now granted these are registry sub-keys under TCPIP and DHCP but perhaps that could be part of the problem? I'm not sure and I wouldn't want to do that in registry if not needed SO.I will try the reboot and let everyone know, the big question here is that if the restart does not work are there any other ideas that we can try to solve this? I have seen that this is a very common error with not too many resolutions but I hope we can change that for everyone who is seeking an answer.Could it be hardware related?
June 25th, 2009 3:49pm

Any thoughts anyone?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 30th, 2009 7:14pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics