DHCP 2008 R2
Dear all Our first phase of migrating 2003 AD TO 2008 R2 was success second is i want to migrate the DHCP which has 2003 and SCopes defined as VLANs I have installed the DHCP feature and Temp Scope has been assigned to IT and disabled the services as Existing one is in PLACE. i use netsh dhcp server export C:\dhcpcb all to EXPORT all scopes then i will import in to New My question is as long as i import scopes from existing DHCP to NEW R2 DHCP is there may be conflict for this situation what steps to be Taken to avoid conflicts Regards and God blessings...!RaSa
November 29th, 2010 5:58am

Hello, last time when i implemented the scope from Windows server 2003 to a Windows server 2008 R2 there was none problem. It is a straight forward process and takes just some seconds. It should work or you should get an error why not.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 29th, 2010 6:32am

Dear, Thanks The Solution is DHCP migration is really straigh forward process i followed the following export the DHCP SCOPES from win 2003 using netsh dhcp server export C:\dhcpcb all and logged in to winR2 server with domain admin credential using netsh dhcp server Import C:\dhcpcb all command successfully completed I have verified all my scopes has been transferd in to new DHCP 2008 R2 Regards RaSa
November 29th, 2010 10:22am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics