DFServiceLogs with lots of exceptions - E_ACCESSDENIED and 0x80070091 (The directory is not empty)

While digging for some issue, I've noticed that whenever I run my cloud services locally, the Compute Emulator logs at %LocalAppData%\dftmp\DFServiceLogs\<UUID>DFService.log fill up with dozens of these exceptions:

DFService Information: 0 : [00005036:00000040, 2015/09/06 05:44:24.588] Exception:System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80070091): The directory is not empty. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070091)
   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHR(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
   at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.GuestAgent.EmulatorRuntime.EmulatorRuntimeImpl.StartRole(String roleInstanceId, CertificateBlobType certsBlobType, Byte[] certificatesBlob)
   at Microsoft.ServiceHosting.Tools.DevelopmentFabric.Fabricator.StartRoleInstance(RDConfig roleInstanceConfig)
   at Microsoft.ServiceHosting.Tools.DevelopmentFabric.Fabricator.RestartRoleInstance(RDConfig roleInstanceConfig)

DFService Information: 0 : [00005036:00000037, 2015/09/06 05:44:24.591] Exception:System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))
   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHR(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
   at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.GuestAgent.EmulatorRuntime.EmulatorRuntimeImpl.StartRole(String roleInstanceId, CertificateBlobType certsBlobType, Byte[] certificatesBlob)
   at Microsoft.ServiceHosting.Tools.DevelopmentFabric.Fabricator.StartRoleInstance(RDConfig roleInstanceConfig)

Unfortunately, it's not clear which file/directory the errors refer to.

This must mean something, right?

September 6th, 2015 5:20pm

Hi,

It doesn't look like Storage issue. It is more of a compute related question. However, I see that there are two exceptions, both being related to file system access. This is for the DFService.exe which is the emulator executable.
a) Exception:System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80070091): The directory is not empty. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070091)
b) Exception:System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))

You can use process monitor(https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb896645.aspx) to try and determine what is the failing access for DFService.exe and troubleshoot from there. The other option is to create a support ticket and work with a support person from Microsoft to determine what is causing the error.

Best Regards

Sadiqh Ahmed

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If a post answers your question, please click Mark As Answer on that post and Vote as Helpful.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 7th, 2015 11:45am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics