DFS One-Way Replication Issue

Dear All,

We have recently setup the DFS between 2 servers (both Windows 2008) in 2 different sites. As the data is huge we have used the pre-seeding method to copy data to destination server prior to creating DFS Namespace.

The method followed to copy data is as follows:

• Created a root folders in external HDD with same name as in Source server
  • Used robocopy command to copy data from Server1 to external HDD folders
  • Shipped the HDD to secondary site
  • Created root folders in destination server with same name and ACL as in source server
  • Shared the folders in destination server with same share permissions as source
  • Used Robocopy to copy the data from External HDD to destination server

Then we have installed and configured DFS Namespace and Folders. Also configured Folder targets and replication. It took nearly 20 hours for initial sync to complete because the data size was approx. 200 GB. After that when I change anything in the replicated folder of source server it gets replicated to destination but if I do any change in destination server it do not get replicated to source server.

• I have tried forcing replication from both ends using command as well as GUI, restarting DFS R service but no avail.
  • Disabled Replication members one by one waited for AD replication and re-enabled but no help
  • Checked the debug log and found the below errors in source Server

20150826 17:52:09.160 3800 INCO  1042 [WARN] SessionTask::Step (Ignored) Failed, should have already been processed. Error:
+ [Error:9027(0x2343) InConnection::EstablishSession inconnection.cpp:6172 3800 C A failure was reported by the remote partner]
+ [Error:9027(0x2343) DownstreamTransport::EstablishSession downstreamtransport.cpp:4200 3800 C A failure was reported by the remote partner]
+ [Error:9027(0x2343) DownstreamTransport::EstablishSession downstreamtransport.cpp:4179 3800 C A failure was reported by the remote partner]
+ [Error:9051(0x235b) DownstreamTransport::EstablishSession downstreamtransport.cpp:4179 3800 C The content set is not ready]

When we restart the DFSR service I get the below warning however we have lot of free space in the volume:

The DFS Replication service encountered errors replicating one or more files because adequate free space was not available on volume

The Backlog command on destination server is showing the files which we have created.

Please suggest

• Edited by Sukhwin08 18 hours 18 minutes ago
August 26th, 2015 3:11am

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Have you checked that you can ping all the replicating members using IP address, netBIOS and FQDN each way?

Could you please also do a test by recreating the replication gorup to see if it works.

You may also refer to the thread.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6b3a276e-54d8-47c7-87f3-30da72fe15ff/server-2008r2-dfsr-failing-to-replicate-in-one-direction?forum=winserverfiles

For your error "The DFS Replication service encountered errors replicating one or more files because adequate free space was not available on volume", it shows the in the event log even though you think you have enough space, right?

Based on my research, it may be caused by disk quota. If it is enabled on the volume where has DFS-R Staging Folder and Replicated folders. Also Quota Limit is less than Staging area size.

Please follow the steps proposed by David Shen to check whether Disk Quota is enabled.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/5f976bb9-fa68-4b9e-a833-c82d30024657/dfsr-and-error-4502-stopping-replication?forum=winserverfiles

Best Regards,

Mary Dong

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 27th, 2015 2:27am

Hi Mary,

Thanks a lot for the reply. The Disk Quota is enabled on the disk on the server where I am getting this error and it is less than staging folder size. The quota entry is created for the user which is configuring DFS and there is no limit set for the same.

There is no quota in the destination server from where the replication is not happening towards source.

August 27th, 2015 2:46am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics