DFSR files disappear for 10 seconds and then reappear

Hello,

I have a strange issue going on. I have two servers in DFS. If I open a doc file from within the namespace, and make changes to it and SAVE, I can see that server 1 updates its timestamp immediately. If I look on server 2 to see if the changes replicate, the file disappears for about 10 seconds and then reappears with correct changes.

Our clients need these files almost instantly and the 10-15 second delay is actually causing an issue with them.

Do you know if there is a setting for this? Why is the file disappearing from the server and reappearing later on?

February 11th, 2015 2:50pm

Hi,

I have following questions for this issue.

1. Whether or not this issue occurs on other file type apart from Office files, such as JPG, TXT etc.

2. Please monitor your server 2 locally to see if the file disappeared as well, instead of monitoring via share path (if that is true).

DFSR will replicate files to Staging folder and overwrite the file in shared folder so it should not disappeared - Whether Offline Files is enabled on that folder? Test to disable it.

If this issue also occurs locally on server 2, we may need to enable audit to see whether the files is deleted and then recreated - sometimes this could occur if there is a conflict occurs (both versions of that file on server 1 and server 2 are edited) - it delete the local file on server 2 and redo a replication to get the latest version from server 1 which causes the issue. 

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 12th, 2015 4:42am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics