DFSR Event ID 2104 and 2004
HiI am having some problems with DFSR. I receive the following event errors:2104:"The DFS Replication service failed to recover from an internal database error on volume D:. Replication has been stopped for all replicated folders on this volume."2004:The DFS Replication service stopped replication on volume D:. This failure can occur because the disk is full, the disk is failing, or a quota limit has been reached. This can also occur if the DFS Replication service encountered errors while attempting to stage files for a replicated folder on this volume. As far as I can see it's a problem with the DFSR database which should be located in "%Drive%\System Volume Information". If I compare with one of our other servers this folder should contain the DFSR.db and it's not.I have tried stopping the "DFS Replication" service and removing the DFSR folder in "System Volume Information" but it doesn't re-create the DFSR database./Lasse
October 12th, 2009 4:10pm

Hello,start here:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957555Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 12th, 2009 4:17pm

Hi MeinolfThanks for the reply.I have already seen that article and in our case we are using Server 2008 SP2 32bit, which I forgot to mention in my first post.Nothing strange have happend to the server regarding this, it's a a brand new installation (Two weeks old) and it only manages file and print sharing. I replaced an old server running Server 2003 R2 with this one. I removed the old server from our domain with DCpromo and waited for all servers to register the change. Then I added the new server and gave it the same name as the old. During the replacement I delete the DFS-R groups and when the new server is up and running I add the DFS-R groups again. I have done this procedure before and it has always worked perfectly./Lasse
October 13th, 2009 9:28am

I found the solution and apparently it was my own fault :-)When I configured the server I removed all permissions on the D: drive and only added Domain Users with Full Control. I have just added the SYSTEM account with Full Control and now everything is working perfectly./Lasse
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 13th, 2009 11:14am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics