DFSR Alternatives

Hey all,

I have a fairly large DFSR implementation in which I think I am pushing the limits. I have already passed the recommended limits and am now pushing roughly 8 TB per set of servers and over 10 million files. I have 9 of these so its like 72 TB. I was wondering if anyone has any better more robust solutions or if I just need to add more sets of DFSR servers to spread the data out more.

Here's what I need from a solution which are all included in DFSR: ( a full appliance style hardware solution

1. A distributed Namespace - i.e. one virtual name can point to multiple servers\share on the back side.

2. Two way replication, real time (or close to it)

3. Ability to prioritize where the user load goes and be able to move the users around on the back side.

4. Ability for users to connect to any of the machines in the namespace (i.e. not read only, nearline, or offline)

Thanks in advance

April 30th, 2015 10:56am

Hi,

DFS is the build-in feature which as you said is the solution of your purpose. I contact DFS product team in the past for the limitation and at that time the answer I got is "it depends" - with more powerful and more devices support, DFS/DFSR actually could support more data. Currently there is no clearly "limitation" for both size and number which supported by DFS.

In my peronal of view, DFS seems still be the option in current version of Windows system.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 1st, 2015 3:03am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics