DC users personal files
hi, I have a windows server (08) in Virtual PC, and I just want to know a few details. firstly I have installed the DC and set the machine to be the PDC, and have added users. Ok so where are the the users files located on the server or does that require further configuration? and what defines the structure of the files IE: win XP style or win 7; i guess this is done manually but how do i get the end point OS to recognise them as 'my documents' on XP and 'documents' on win 7? and finally what about app data? thanks; it is a big help.
February 12th, 2010 2:59am

Hi Dobson156,The server does not store user profiles unless you configure the roaming profile for those users.To recognise the profile on Windows 7 and Windows XP, there is a different profile version for each of them.Windows XP is version 1.Windows 7 is version 2. For more information, you can refer to:http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc766489(WS.10).aspxRegards,Wilson JiaThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 12th, 2010 4:54am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics