DCOM error 10009 every night at 2AM
I have a W2K8R2 server that was renamed from "pnc-prod" to "pnc-production". After the rename I get a DCOM error in the System log every night at 2AM that says: ----------- Error 7/19/2010 2:01:52 AM DistributedCOM 10009 None DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer PNC-PROD using any of the configured protocols. ----------- Any ideas? Is this due to some piece of software that was installed under the old name? I can't find any reference to the old name in the Registry.
July 19th, 2010 5:43pm

Hi, Please have a look at this following article: Event ID 10009 — COM Remote Service Availability http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc774368(WS.10).aspx Does it work? If you use Microsoft Operation Manager, please stop the MOM services temporarily to check if the problem continues. Regards, Bruce
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 20th, 2010 3:04pm

We're not using MOM. This is happening on the local server, so no remote connection is going on. The firewall is off in any case. I went through the suggestions on that page as best I could and found no problems. This is happening on more than one server; every server I have that was renamed has a similar error.
July 22nd, 2010 5:33pm

Did you ever sort out what was causing this? I have the same problem on a 2008R2 server that was renamed.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 20th, 2011 12:56pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics