DCOM - Interface not supported - Windows 2008
Hi, Apologies if I have the wrong forum. We use DCOM to allow client machines access to a shared application which is hosted on Windows 2008. We have one situation where Windows Vista and Windows 7 machines connect fine but XP machines display "Interface Not Supported." We usually get this when anonymous access is not selected via My Computer DCOM access but this would surely break the Windows Vista and 7 machines as well which isn't happening. The only thing I can see that's happening is that the following error is being displayed on the server at the time of the connection event 4625 An error occurred during logon 0xC00002ee My only thought is that there's increased security in Windows 2008 which is preventing XP from accessing it but I can't figure out where this setting is. Any ideas? Thanks in advance Regards Chris
December 9th, 2010 10:11am

We are having the exact same problem. Are there any news concerning this issue? Thanks
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 16th, 2010 9:27am

Hi, The error code 0xc00002ee means: STATUS_UNFINISHED_CONTEXT_DELETED # A security context was deleted before the context was # completed. This is considered a logon failure. What's happening here is that when you make the connection to the COM interface, either the RPC commands are not being sent in the proper order, or you have something preventing the commands from reaching the interface. In order to tell you why it's happening and get you a fix, we're going to have to take a look at the network traffic involved and possibly even do some debugging with your application. In past cases where we've seen this kind of problem, it was usually fixed by modifying the custom application's code. Unfortunately that's not something that can be done easily via the forums, so the best recommendation I can give you here is to open a support case with us. That will get you an engineer who will work with you directly to resolve the problem. If you have a premier support contract, you can contact your Microsoft TAM to open a case. If you don't have a support contract, this link details all the ways to open up a case: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;OfferProPhone David Beach - Microsoft Online Community Support
January 6th, 2011 12:38pm

Friends, we have the same problem. Spent on the elucidation of the reasons a lot of time. There is at least what the solution?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 7th, 2011 3:49am

м !!!! COM м м м м м, м м- . Win2008R2 . м COM, .
February 8th, 2011 3:40am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics