DCDIAG Warnings after migration to DFSR - Conflict Mangled Value - msDFSR-ComputerReferenceBL

Hi All,

2008R2 and 2012R2 Servers

I do not think this is a problem but wanted to check and see if anyone else has seen this behaviour. No issues with replication t the moment.

I recently Migrated from FRS to DFSR for SYSVOL replication using the dfsrmig utility. unfortunately I am now getting the following warnings.

Some objects relating to the DC ******DC1 have problems:
            [1] Problem: Conflict Mangled Value
            Base Object:
            CN=******DC1,OU=Domain Controllers,DC=*********,DC=local
             Base Object Description: "DC Account Object"
             Value Object Attribute: msDFSR-ComputerReferenceBL
             Value Object Description: "SYSVOL FRS Member Object"
             Mangled Value:
             CN=1cbef19b-f564-4eab-bbde-a79206d60728,CN=Topology,CN=Resources,CN=
             DFSR-GlobalSettings\0ACNF:ed9f0c4a-1c5a-4bc9-8d1b-c66e667827ee,CN=System,DC=********
             ,DC=local
             Recommended Action: Check that there is not more than one SYSVOL
            FRS Member Object for this DC, and if so clean up the older
            duplicates.

This happens for most DCs, following some research it seems to be related to the fact that these DCs are in remote sites and also serve files for the branch office. They already were running DFSR for some folder replication and this object entry relates directly to the pre-existing DFSR replication group (for User Files).

I checked adsi edit and can see 2 entries for the dc under the object one starting CN=Domain System Volume the other CN=1cb... I removed the entry starting CN=1cbef and it broke the existing file server replication but SYSVOL was fine. in addition DCDIAG was fixed with no more errors.

No problem I just recreated the server entry on the replication group and it recreated a new entry in the on the msDFSR-ComputerReferenceBL attribute with a new ID. Both File Server and SYSVOL replication seems to work fine. But the DCDIAG warnings returned.

I suspect the issue if with the DCDIAG tool when you are utilizing DFSR on the domain controller in addition to SYSVOL replication. If anyone has seen this I would be interested to hear.

Many Thanks

Baz

August 28th, 2015 9:58am

Hi Baz,

From the description, DFSR is already in using before you migrate from FRS to DFSR. This causes the result that you have 2 entries under DFSR-GlobalSettings. 

In this situation I suggest you to ignore the warning - actually both entries are needed as one for file replication and one for AD replication. You cannot remove either of them or it will cause issue like you currently got.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 31st, 2015 10:46pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics