DB2 Adapter - SQLCode -7008

Hi,

I am using the Host Integration Server DB2 Adapter to insert into 2 tables.  Each table has it's own XML schema defined and two seperate insert statements are sent.  I am getting the following errors when I attempt the inserts. 

Table 1 Insert - "<tablename>  ?<schema name>   ?3 in *N not valid for operation.  SQLSTATE: 55019  SQLCODE: -7008 

(where <tablename> and <schema name> contain the actual values for the insert.)

Table 2 Insert - The parameter value for parameter 1 could not be converted to a native data type.

I've done some research on the problem and I haven't found a solution.  Can someone guide me in the right direction on how to go about solving the problem.  Is there some type of logging I can turn on from HIS or Biztalk to see the Insert statements being sent? 

Thanks

October 14th, 2011 5:26pm

With DB2 the best thing I have found is to open the DB2 tool like iSeries Navigator and build what you think the insert statement is and then test it against the database. This should give you the same error. I would look for a column where a type conversion is taking place.

Thanks,

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 15th, 2011 3:40pm

I had the same issue, but I managed to get update to work when I added 'With None' to end of the statement. for example 

Update Product set Name = 'Test' where ProductType = 'A'

to be changed to 

Update Product set Name = 'Test' where ProductType = 'A' WITH NONE

April 15th, 2015 10:34pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics