DAL QueryNotificationManager process causing high SQL waits.

Hello,

I've recently noticed the following constant process with high wait time on my SQL server instance hosting my Operations Manager database -

Database:  OperationsManager

Task State:  SUSPENDED

Command Type:  DELETE

Application:  SC DAL--DAL QueryNotificationManager

Wait Time (ms):  12090

Wait Type:  BROKER_RECEIVE_WAITFOR

Could someone please provide some insight into this? The high wait time is causing high average waits which result in unwanted alerts from the SQL Server MP. Is this expected behavior?

November 8th, 2013 9:36pm

Hello,

I've recently noticed the following constant process with high wait time on my SQL server instance hosting my Operations Manager database -

Database:  OperationsManager

Task State:  SUSPENDED

Command Type:  DELETE

Application:  SC DAL--DAL QueryNotificationManager

Wait Time (ms):  12090

Wait Type:  BROKER_RECEIVE_WAITFOR

Could someone please provide some insight into this? The high wait time is causing high average waits which result in unwanted alerts from the SQL Server MP. Is this expected behavior?

I observe the exact same issue. Where does this come from?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 12th, 2013 9:54am

What version of OM are you using with what UR? What version of SQL? Is the Sql Broker enabled?
December 12th, 2013 3:51pm

I suggest running a SQL Profiler Trace to see exactly what queries are causing this condition.
December 13th, 2013 1:21am

It seems as though this query is causing the condition:

WAITFOR (Receive convert(xml,message_body), conversation_handle from Queue_mid10_0_50_5_pid1448_adid2_r1230761596), TIMEOUT 300000

As expected based on the query, the process is killed at 300000 milliseconds and restarts.

Additionally, as referenced in the query by "pid1448" I traced the client process id (also listed in the trace data) to the Microsoft.Mom.Sdk.ServiceHost.Exe process on the SCOM server. 

December 27th, 2013 9:29pm

Now on Ops Mgr 2012 R2 with SQL Server 2012 SP1 (11.0.3128) housing DW and OpsMgr DBs. SQL Broker is enabled.
December 27th, 2013 9:32pm

Have you been able to resolve this issue?  I'm seeing the same thing on a SCOM 2012 SP1 environment which I upgraded to 2012 R2.  This is on SQL 2008 R2 SP1.

Thanks

January 8th, 2014 12:49pm

Hi,

I have actually the same problem, do you have a solution for that ?

Many thanks,

Sebastien

December 23rd, 2014 8:53am

I'm also getting this same problem. 2012 R2 system with 2012 SCOM. Fresh install. Any solution to this found?
January 16th, 2015 9:50am

Did anyone find resolution on this? We are experiencing the same in our SC environment. Killing the service does not provide long-term resolution as the service is essential to functionality.
August 6th, 2015 6:07pm

Hi All,

I am also facing this issue,

SCOM is full with events 2115,31552,29181 so trying to correlate

Any inputs

Thanks

Sunil

August 27th, 2015 7:27am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics