Customized Performance Counters recycled regularly

Hi dear team, we are using an internal monitoring agent to get performance counters data from instances of our cloud service on azure. On the monitoring dashboard, we can see our accumulative performance counters, like Download***Total regularly recycled as zero, see screen shots below. And I logged on the instance for double confirm, the counters data is consistent with the dashboard displayed.  Is there any instance recycled mechanism running  background?

both kinds of counters recycled at the same time

September 9th, 2015 4:05am

Hi,

If there were any Planned maintenance, You should have received a notification regarding the same.

I did observe that there was a service interruption with Storage service in South Central US, let us know if this applies to you.

I am trying to look further into this issue, and will post further information when available, In the mean while do let us know if this is an isolated issue or you have been observing this for a longer time.

Regards,
Nithin Rathnakar

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 9th, 2015 3:38pm

Hi, thanks for reply. This is a regular issue.

I think I've got some answer to it: Storage behind the cloud service storing the monitoring data, and by default the monitoring level is minimal, the data will be cleaned regularly. If we set it as verbose, we can set up a specific storage for it but currently the retention days is only 10 days which either cannot meet our requirement.

So now we have to change our design due to this limitation.

Any more idea from your side is welcome.

Thanks again.

September 9th, 2015 10:33pm

Hi,

Yes, I think you may be right, You might want to configure a Storage account for WAD
 Refer the below link on how to Specify the storage acount, you may also want to look into the bufferQuotaInMB attribute as well.
 https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/dn535595.aspx#step2

Regards,
Nithin Rathnakar

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 10th, 2015 11:24am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics