Custom report sto show Incidents and Service Requests
Is it possible to make a single report that will show a list of both incidents and service reque
July 1st, 2013 7:22pm

You can make a single report that shows both IR and SR, but you can't combine that into one pivot table by default.

The way I've gotten around it is to add a pivot table to an Excel sheet linked to the Work Items Cube for IRs and then on the same page (generally a couple of cells to the right of the first pivot table to allow for expansion and contraction of the table) I add another pivot table linked to the Service Catalog Cube for SRs.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 1st, 2013 8:16pm

Or, if you are wanting to make a SSRS report, create a temp table in your stored proc, for example:

DECLARE @tableWorkItems TABLE

(

ID nvarchar(256),

Title nvarchar(256)

)

Then populate this table with incidents:

INSERT into @tableWorkItems

SELECT ID, Title FROM IncidentDimVw WHERE...

Add SRs:

INSERT into @tableWorkItems

SELECT ID, Title FROM ServiceRequestDimVw WHERE...

And simply return your results from the temp table to your report:

SELECT ID,

Title

FROM @tableWor

July 1st, 2013 11:43pm

Thanks.  I just want to make a simple List All Incidents & Service Request report that can be ran from the console.  I'll try creating that with your instructions, Rob.  
July 2nd, 2013 12:33am

Would you mind simplifying this for me? I'm not really experienced with SQL querying.

I am searching around in SQL report builder and am trying to create a report with the WorkItemCreatedByUserFactvw_bulkstg.  It contains the WorkItemCreatedBy_UserDimKey which I was hoping would output the CreatedByUsers name, but its just an ID number.  

If I could get that to reflect the users name, with the list of work items (incidents and service requests) and the date, that's really all I need. 

Thanks,

July 2nd, 2013 9:18pm

You should be using WorkItemCreatedByUserFactvw in DWDataMart, not WorkItemCreatedByUserFactvw_bulkstg.

The best way to learn how SCSM reports work is to look at current reports and stored procedures.

For example, take a look at "Programmability\Stored Procedures\dbo.ServiceManager_Report_IncidentManagement_SP_GetIncidentDetails". Right-click Modify.

Find "ICBUFact" and you will see this:

Left Outer Join dbo.WorkItemCreatedByUserFactvw ICBUFact
		ON ICBUFact.WorkItemDimKey = WI.WorkItemDimKey
		AND ICBUFact.DeletedDate IS NULL

Left Outer Join dbo.UserDimvw CreatedByUser 
		ON ICBUFact.WorkItemCreatedByUser_UserDimKey = CreatedByUser.UserDimKey
Then you can return the Created By User to your report by using CreatedByUser.DisplayName.
July 3rd, 2013 12:26am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics