Custom Shapes in SSRS Report

Hi All,

I have an application that will ask a user about faults in a car. The info is stored in a database.

I want to create a report that will have a 'picture' of a car, as in the below; and will be highlighted depending on which part is faulty.

For example, if the bonnet is faulty, then it must be highlighted in a specific color.

Please advise / assist as in how I can go about this,

Many thanks

Regards

Zimiso

August 20th, 2015 7:42am

Hi,

I have never done this but you can do this with maps I am pretty sure.

Something like in this link: http://blog.oraylis.de/2010/06/using-visio-and-ssrs-map-reports-for-store-layouts-etc/

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 20th, 2015 7:56am

Hi,

Something like in this link: http://blog.oraylis.de/2010/06/using-visio-and-ssrs-map-reports-for-store-layouts-etc/

August 20th, 2015 11:55am

Hi,

August 20th, 2015 11:55am

Hi Zimiso ,

According to your description, the database contains records for cars, you want to highlight the component of the car if its value is fault, right?

In your scenario, you need to query out values for specific component of the car. According to the screenshots, the car contains four doors, you need to get four fields to contain status of those four components. The query out result from the database should look like below:

Since there is no existing control to display each component shape of the car, you need to custom report items to display those components. For more information, please refer to articles below:
Custom Report Items
Custom Report Item Implementation Requirements

Then you can add those custom report items in a report, specify corresponding field for them, specify the color for each item like that:
=IIF(Fields!Bonnet.Value =fault, "Red","Transparent")

Then add those items in a list control, specify the list group on [car]. When running the report, multiple cars will display separately, the component of a car will be highlighted as red color if its status is fault. About using the list control, please refer to this article: Lists (Report Builder and SSRS).

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Qiuyun Yu

August 20th, 2015 11:12pm

Thank you Quiyun,

I have had a brief look at the above links. They are in C#, any ideas on VB. I have not worked with C#. Also I had thought of using maps and layers. I created the car parts in MS Visio, to represent the map layers. Do you perhaps have any ideas on this alternative - essentially, how to save the Visio files as .esri files, so I can import them to an SSRS report,

Many thnaks

Regards

Zimiso

August 23rd, 2015 9:28am

Hi Zimiso,

You are able to convert C# to VB code. Please refer to this thread: What is the best C# to VB.net converter? [closed].

Based on my research, it's not supported to save the Visio files as .esri files. You can take a look at the link provided by Steelleg4, to save the Visio files in database then display in a map.

Best regards,
Qiuyun Yu

August 26th, 2015 9:44pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics