Custom Network Vicinity Dashboards

Hi all,

I'm testing out the network monitoring feature of SCOM 2012.

1. One requirement of the network team is to create custom Network Vicinity Dashboards. I tried different widgets already but it seems I cannot create a Map with only specific nodes displayed in it. My goal is to create site specific groups with the network devices in them (I already did that); based on that group I want to create a Vicinity View that displays the devices and their connection between each other just like the standard "Network Vicnity Dashboard".

Is there a way to realise this?

2. Another thing is that the network discovery rule always rechecks every device when adding a single new one. We fear that it will put unnecessary load on the server when we have about 1000 devices in a discovery rule and want to add a single new one (which is daily business). Aparat from that, we found a Management Pack that renames the interface descriptions of nodes for proper E-Mail alerting. Everytime the discovery rule runs, the changes made by that MP are lost.

Is there a way to just discovery single devices after adding them to the discovery list?

Thanks a lot for your help in advance!

Best regards

Oliver

September 14th, 2015 4:16am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics