Currently No logon server available error message on DC

Hi

I have a Win server 2008 Server Hosted as Domain server.I works fine till yesterday,after an restart,i can't log in to the server.when i tried to log in as administrator i got an error message that "currently there is no log on server available error message.The DC it's self running an DNS server also.

please Help me to resolve this issue.

March 30th, 2013 1:52am

You might try .\administrator and directory services restore mode password.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 30th, 2013 2:13am

What might be the cause for this error.Is the DNS service has stopped.

If i doe't have DS Restore Password, what are the other possibilities.

March 30th, 2013 2:17am

Any more details on this error? You might need to get in touch with hosting company.

March 30th, 2013 2:21am

Only this error message is showing"Currently there is no log on server available for this server."

What i do with an hosting company.

March 30th, 2013 2:28am

Sorry. I thought you meant your server was hosted. I think you're going to need to find someone that knows DSRM password.

March 30th, 2013 2:39am

I would try in Active Directory Restore mode, as the NTDS db will not try to open. I just hope you noted the password when you installed your server.

When in that mode, check your event viewer, a bad bind for the DNS's service is my first guess, or a corrupt NTDS's database that prevent some other service to start.

Please check the ventlog and return to us.

March 30th, 2013 4:13am

hello,

Is there only one server you have that you used for login? Also try to access computer management from any another system and check the services are running or not.

if you have any other additional DC in your environment try to login to that server and check if you can move the roles from problematic DC to the DC you are able to

March 30th, 2013 7:17am

Hello,

is that the ONLY DC/DNS server in the domain? Then you have to work with Directory services restore mode to logon first and check that the configured DNS server on the NIC is set to the domain internal DNS server ip address, so the DCs  one.

Once logged on with DSRM run ipconfig /all and post the unedited output here, so we can verify some basic settings.

March 31st, 2013 4:48pm

That was the winner for me!! Thanks

July 3rd, 2015 3:39pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics