Cross Farm Search in SharePoint 2013, 2010, 2007 farms.

Hi, in my organization have one SharePoint 2007, one SharePoint 2010 and one SharePoint 2013 farm.

Now user wants that if they search in SharePoint 2013 search center page then data relevant to SharePoint 2007 and SharePoint 2010 farm should also come in search result page in SharePoint 2013.

I tried to create and new content source in SharePoint 2013 Search Service Application for Sharepoint 2007 sites and ran crawl but giving below error in crawl:

Access is denied. Verify that either the Default Content Access Account has access to this repository, or add a crawl rule to crawl this repository. If the repository being crawled is a SharePoint repository, verify that the account you are using has "Full Read" permissions on the SharePoint Web Application being crawled.

In SharePoint 2013 the Default content access account is myworld\sp13admin and in SharePoint 2007 Default content access account is myworld\sp07admin and for SharePoint 2010 Default content access account is myworld\sp2010admin

There is some problem with access that is the Default content access account of SharePoint 2013 is not have access on SharePoint 2007 and SharePoint 2010 farms.

So please guide me where access needs to be provided to myworld\sp13admin to SharePoint 2007 and SharePoint 2010 farms so that data can be crawled in SP2013 and searchable.

February 28th, 2013 8:39am

I beleive the search service account of 2013 should have read access to the sharepoint 2010 web application.  If its not given please provide access and try to recrawl.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 28th, 2013 4:58pm

Hi,

I have the same problem. We are using a SharePoint 2013 farm and want to crawl our old SharePoint 2007 server. Also get the "Access denied" error. The account used for crawling has full read access to the whole 2007 Server. This could not be the reason. Maybe some issues regarding to Claims based authentication used in SharPoint 2013?

Some ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!

Sebastian 

March 1st, 2013 11:25am

can you try adding the  2007 server in the manage trust of 2013.

Regards

Roy Joyson

March 1st, 2013 1:31pm

Hi,

the problem is definitively related to the 2013 service account (Maybe 2007 is not able to process Claims-Format?). I configured the search service to use the service account of the 2007 SharePoint and crawling works fine now.

But this might not be an Option for all, so could you give me some more Information, please. What do you exactly mean by "the manage trust of 2013"?

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Sebastian

• Proposed as answer by Jed Wednesday, August 07, 2013 1:43 PM
March 6th, 2013 10:52am

Hi,

the problem is definitively related to the 2013 service account (Maybe 2007 is not able to process Claims-Format?). I configured the search service to use the service account of the 2007 SharePoint and crawling works fine now.

But this might not be an Option for all, so could you give me some more Information, please. What do you exactly mean by "the manage trust of 2013"?

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Sebastian

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Sebastian

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Sebastian

You may need to create some crawl rules for the URL's of your old SP instances.

Doing so will allow you to specify the service accounts from your old farms.

I had the same issue bringing MOSS 2007 results into my new Sharepoint 2013 search center. Mine is now crawling successfully, but not bringing back content.

April 10th, 2013 6:35pm

SP 2013 uses CLAIM BASED AUTH. MOSS 2007 has no such feature where in the service converts you windows token to claim based.

That is why you are getting access denied.

April 4th, 2014 5:22am

Hello

I too did what Mark Williams says and I am able to bring back content

Add content source pointing at webapp level of the 2007 farm

• Content Sources
  • New Content Source
  • SharePoint Sites selected
  • Next line - forum is stopping me posting http links properly as my account is unverified!
  • Start Address : Your web app url

Then I added a crawl rule using an account I initially setup for indexing when I built the 2007 farm

Crawl Rules

• Next line - forum is stopping me posting http links properly as my account is unverified!
  • Path : Your web app url followed by *
  • Specify Authentication / Specify a different content access account
  • Account: MyDomain\MossIndexer
  • Password: ###

Had to put lots of spaces in my URL examples because forum is stopping me posting as I am unverified and URLs are not allowed by newbies!

Anyway,bit late but may be of use to someone.

Thanks

Steve

• Edited by SJW Home 17 hours 59 minutes ago
April 2nd, 2015 9:21am

Hello

• Content Sources
  • New Content Source

Then I added a crawl rule using an account I initially setup for indexing when I built the 2007 farm

Crawl Rules

Had to put lots of spaces in my URL examples because forum is stopping me posting as I am unverified and URLs are not allowed by newbies!

Thanks

Steve

• Edited by SJW Home Thursday, April 02, 2015 1:19 PM
April 2nd, 2015 1:17pm

Hello

• Content Sources
  • New Content Source

Crawl Rules

Thanks

Steve

Hello

• Content Sources
  • New Content Source

Crawl Rules

Thanks

Steve

Hello

• Content Sources
  • New Content Source

Crawl Rules

Thanks

Steve

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics