Cross-Domain Server 2003 Backup Errors
I have a server from one domain authenticating to a server in another domain in order to do backup. Every time it does the server being logged into shows error # 680 and 529 five times each. After that, the the backup server authenticates successfully and the backup runs as normal. Any ideas on how to stop the errors?
November 25th, 2009 5:04pm

Hi, According to your description, I understand that the event log on the server being logged into shows error 680 and 529 five times each before the backup server in another domain authenticates successfully. To troubleshoot this issue, please first disable all firewall and antivirus programs on the servers. If the problem continues, to isolate the influence of other applications, please boot the problem server in Clean Boot environment. a) Click "Start", go to "Run", and type "msconfig" in the open box to start the System Configuration Utility. b) Click the "Services" tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click Disable All (if it is not gray). c) Click the "Startup" tab, click "Disable All" and click "OK". Reboot the server to test the issue. If the issue persists, please collect the following information: 1. Which type of trust are you using, forest trust or external trust? 2. Collect MPS report on the server which reports the error 680 and 529: a. Download proper MPS Report tool from the website below. Microsoft Product Support Reports http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=CEBF3C7C-7CA5-408F-88B7-F9C79B7306C0&displaylang=en b. Double-click to run it, if requirement is not met, please follow the wizard to download and install them. After that, click Next, when the "Select the diagnostics you want to run" page appears, select "General", "Server Components", click Next. c. After collecting all log files, choose "Save the results", choose a folder to save <Computername>MPSReports.cab file. Please use Windows Live SkyDrive (http://www.skydrive.live.com/) to upload the file and then give us the download address. Regards, Bruce
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 27th, 2009 5:23am

Thanks for the response Bruce, I wanted to clarify a few things in my first post. These errors are occurring on 1 or more servers in the first domain which are authenticating to many servers in the second domain. Every server is running the same Antivirus and firewall solution.( Trend Micro OfficeScan and MS Firewall) I will try disabling the AV and will report back the results as soon as possible. Also, this may or not be related, but I have also noticed error ID #'s 680 and 537 sporadically with the 680's and 529's. Thanks for your help!Kyle
November 30th, 2009 5:39pm

Hi Kyle, Thanks for your response. Please first test the issue in Clean Boot environment. If the issue continues, pleasecollect the related information for further research. Regards, Bruce
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 1st, 2009 9:51am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics