Critical Event ids in Windows 2008 to be monitored
Hi, I am looking for all critical Event ids in Windows 2008 which needs to be monitored so that my environment/server will be in healthy condition. This is mainly for proactive monitoring so that i can configure tool to monitor these event ids and generate an alert whenever such event is generated. Request you to pls share the Critical event ids with respect to roles in Windows 2008 like ADDS,ADCS,MS Cluster,Load Balancing,DHCP,DNS,Windows 2008 OS,Disk,Services,Hyper-V etc. Appreciate the early replay and thanks in advance. Regards Mahesh
September 14th, 2010 3:14pm

I would recommend that before you simply try to put together a list of Event IDs to manually look for in the Event Viewer, you may consider putting together a monitoring infrastructure such as Microsoft System Center Operations Manager, which would monitor all of the system events that occur on your servers. In addition, depending on the roles the servers have installed, you apply the appropriate management packs which are already pre-defined for monitoring. There is alot more to the product so, I would recommend that you at least take a look. Operations Manager http://www.microsoft.com/systemcenter/en/us/operations-manager.aspxVisit: anITKB.com, an IT Knowledge Base.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 14th, 2010 4:34pm

Hi, You can find a lot of Windows Server events from the Technet Library: Events and Errors(Applies To: Windows Server 2008) http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc754424%28WS.10%29.aspx Events and Errors (Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2) http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd299434%28WS.10%29.aspx You need to collaborate with your colleges to determine which events you would like to monitor. If there is anything unclear, please let us know. Thanks.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
September 15th, 2010 2:37am

Hi, Do you need any other assistance? If there is anything we can do for you, please let us know. Thanks.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
September 21st, 2010 12:17am

Hi, Sorry for the delay in revert. We have a inbuilt tool which can monitor event ids mentioned,hence we need list of critical events to bemonitored with respect to Server Role. Ex: List of critical event ids to be monitored for Domain Controllers,DNS Servers,Clustered Servers etc. OS Version: Windows 2008 & Windows 2008 R2. Thanks Mahesh
September 22nd, 2010 5:18am

Hi, Is above links helpful? These webpages lists critical events for Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2. Thanks. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
September 22nd, 2010 10:26pm

Hi, Its very difficult to get/copy each and every event manually from above URLs, is there any white paper or one page where we can get all these critical & warning event lists? Regards Mahesh
October 19th, 2010 11:58am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics