Creating a new site in AD 2012
Scenario

Windows Server 2012 AD - 3 sites in India. One site in India holds FSMO/Time server. Exchange server 2010 is there.

Company is expanding and Now planning to add one site in Philippines. New Hardwares for DCs has arrived there.

Want to know the process from scratch on how to create Sites in Philippines.
January 14th, 2014 4:05am

If you would like to keep using the same domain, you just need to promote additional domain controllers in your domain and create a new AD site and subnets for the new site. I assume here that you will be having WAN connections between the sites.

See that: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc728152(v=ws.10).aspx

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 14th, 2014 4:12am

Yes I am using the same domain.

My query is about the steps to promote the first DC in the site.

January 14th, 2014 4:51am

You must have WAN connection between the new site and the primary one (site to site VPN would help you).

Create the new site and subnet in AD Sites and Services console (follow the link provided by Mr X) then run dcpromo.exe on the additional domain controller at the remote site after installing AD Domain Services role on it, and follow the wizard to create the additional DC (remember to select the right site during the wizard).

Make sure that you configured your firewall to allow the needed ports.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 14th, 2014 6:01am

So , inorder for 1st machine to be in Domain, Can I point the DNS to a DC in India and do the DC promotion?

January 14th, 2014 6:19am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics