Creating Windows PE wim with ImageX
Hello, I am having trouble creating a WinPE wim with ImageX packaged with it. The scenario is this: we plan to capture images of every PC we have out on a production line, so we are not using sysprep but rather using ImageX. Capturing the image is not a problem; while slow, capturing and saving the wim to our dedicated WDS server works just fine using ImageX. I have no issues creating a WinPE wim and WDS is configured properly. I am currently using the WDS server to have a client boot using the WinPE boot.wim I have already created, but then I have to copy imagex.exe from a USB stick to the WinPE drive 'X:' - this is a temporary fix and as some of the workstations on the production line are, for software restrictions, extremely outdated and incapable of detecting any USB sticks I throw at it. Is there any way to inject imagex.exe into my WinPE boot.wim file? I have read various guides and forums out there, none of which seemed to answer my question yet. Thanks
June 20th, 2012 4:10pm

Hello, I suggest you can seek help in concerning setup deployment forums and link is http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserversetup/threadsRegards, Ravikumar P
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 20th, 2012 4:56pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics