Create Notification for Cluster Share Volume Disk Capacity
I am new to System Center Operations Manager but am slowly learning. We are running SCOM 2012 R2 and I want to get notifications when there are issues in our 2012 Hyper-V Cluster, specifically when the free space on our CSVs gets below 100 GBs.  I have a notification channel setup and I am receiving notifications on other issues on monitored servers as they occur.  I have imported the Cluster, Core OS and Windows Server OS management packs which have enabled me to see in Monitoring > Microsoft Windows Server > Performance > Cluster Share Volume Disk Capacity the Free Space for the CSVs in a graph, now what do I need to do so I can get a notification when the free space on our CSVs gets below 100 GBs or whatever other level I want to set it at?  Thanks.
  • Edited by WSUAL2 Thursday, January 30, 2014 6:42 PM
January 30th, 2014 6:42pm

You need to install hyper-v Management Pack

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36438

To Monitor CSV Free Space, you can refer below link

http://www.aidanfinn.com/?p=10339

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 30th, 2014 9:49pm

I do have the Hyper-V 2012 Management Pack installed also, I just forgot to mention it.

I already can Monitor CSV Free Space in the Operations Manager Console by going here: Monitoring > Microsoft Windows Server > Performance > Cluster Share Volume Disk Capacity

Now what I want to be able to do it get a notification via email when the free space drops below a certain threshold that I set.  I imagine there are probably some out of the box thresholds that came with the OM Management Pack however I do not know where to view those in the OM Console and I also need to know how to create my own notifications at my desired level. 

January 30th, 2014 10:04pm

i have the same problem.

Did anyone found a solution? i also can see the monitor in the mom console but the notification won't be send this warning.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 8th, 2015 12:25pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics