Couldnt able to access a network location even though everyone is allowed
Hi,I have a network location on NAS eg. \\X\Y\A. 'Everyone' has all the permissions on folder A. Now, when i have an ASP.NET process which runs from Network service account. ASP.NET process launches a process 'Z' which inherit parent process secrity descriptor and runs from 'Network Service' account. Now when the process 'Z' tries to read/write from network location \\X\Y\A, it gets an access denied error. I have looked at the effective permission on folder 'A' and everyone has the rights. Also, i have checked the http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278259. In my case, process 'Z' is running from 'Network Service' account so it is not the anonymous case.1.Why I am not able to login? 2.How to troubleshoot such issues?3.\\X\Y ACL doesnt include 'EveryOne' and permission is assigned explicitly on folder 'A'. So it should work. Right?-Sumit
November 25th, 2008 10:32pm

Is there any tool available to troubleshoot this problem in real time e.g. security descriptor of the user trying to access the folder could be visible.-Sumit
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 26th, 2008 10:00am

Hi Debugger,I took a look at the article; your post confused me 'Network Service' didn't seem like an identifiable person to me. It is actually mentioned in the article that 'Network Service' is a part of the (new) 'Anonymous Logon Group'. Looks like you should add 'Network Service' as a separate user.ShemsInformation is the most valuable commodity I know off.
November 27th, 2008 6:48am

Yes you are right!! I was looking the local machine which displays Nt Authority\Network service but on a remote machine user identity is NT Authority\Anonymous.-Sumit
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 28th, 2008 8:15am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics