Could not start windows firewall & neither any server program is accessible nor any client communicate to other server
I have windows server 2003. & i have installed microsoft firewall (ISA server). When i run any server program it can't be access from other computer. And if i run any client program & try to access any other server then it is not connecting. Windows firewall(ICS) is turned of & if i try to start it i get folloing error Error 123 the filename directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect. What to do? I want to run a server program. I forget pasword needed to "Connect to Configuration Storage Server" in ISA server management. ??? please help.
April 21st, 2011 2:50am

Hi can you check the path where the service where the executables are installed. In addition which authentication type did u used while installing ISA i.e. Windows Authentication or LDAP?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 21st, 2011 3:50am

Display name: Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) Path to executable: C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs and svchost.exe exist in C:\WINDOWS\system32 folder so path is correct. Actually i did not install ISA so i dn't know the authentication type. And the person who install it is not available at this time. I just want to be able to access server from other computer.
April 21st, 2011 5:43am

Hi, For ISA server related issue, I recommend you submit a new question via the following link for further assistance. Forefront Products and Technologies Forums http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/category/forefront Thanks for your understanding. Regards, NinaPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 25th, 2011 3:07am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics