Could not connect to the Orchestrator web service - Resource not found for the segment 'Folders'.

Hi

I'm trying to configure the Orchestrator connector in SCSM 2012 (\Administration\Administration\Connectors\Create connector\Orchestrator connector) and I get the following error message when I click on the "Test Connection" button:

Resource not found for the segment 'Folders'.

I'm able to query the folders through a browser though (http://localhost:81/Orchestrator2012/Orchestrator.svc/Folders()). Which looks like this:

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Below is the full exception.

Cheers
Silvan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 16.01.2012 10:07:42
Application: System Center Service Manager
Application Version: 7.5.1354.0
Severity: Error

System.Data.Services.Client.DataServiceQueryException: An error occurred while processing this request. ---> System.Data.Services.Client.DataServiceClientException: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<error xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/ado/2007/08/dataservices/metadata">
  <code></code>
  <message xml:lang="de-CH">Resource not found for the segment 'Folders'.</message>
</error>
   at System.Data.Services.Client.QueryResult.Execute()
   at System.Data.Services.Client.DataServiceRequest.Execute[TElement](DataServiceContext context, QueryComponents queryComponents)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Data.Services.Client.DataServiceRequest.Execute[TElement](DataServiceContext context, QueryComponents queryComponents)
   at System.Data.Services.Client.DataServiceQuery`1.Execute()
   at System.Data.Services.Client.DataServiceQuery`1.GetEnumerator()
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.Sdk.Connectors.OrchestratorRunbookConnector.GetRunbookFolders(OrchestratorContext scoContext, Folder parentFolder)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.UI.Administration.Connectors.Orchestrator.OrchestratorConnectorHelper.ValidateServerConnection(Boolean found)
System.Data.Services.Client.DataServiceClientException: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<error xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/ado/2007/08/dataservices/metadata">
  <code></code>
  <message xml:lang="de-CH">Resource not found for the segment 'Folders'.</message>
</error>
   at System.Data.Services.Client.QueryResult.Execute()

January 16th, 2012 12:28pm

Hi

I've found with SCSM 2012 in all its flavours that this type of error is usually permissions related.

Double check the url as it should be http://<servername>:81/Orchestrator2012/Orchestrator.svc

Then check the permissions on the account that you are using for the connector:

http://blog.scsmfaq.ch/2011/11/12/news-in-scsm12-beta-8-permissions-for-triggering-system-center-orchestrator-runbooks/

Cheers

Graham

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 16th, 2012 2:21pm

I am running into same situation. Were you able to resolve it.?

KShar

July 18th, 2012 8:20pm

Hi

I have the same situation, have you solved it?

Thank you

September 13th, 2012 10:39am

Hey

Did you check the needed permissions? Check here --> http://blog.scsmfaq.ch/2011/11/12/news-in-scsm12-beta-8-permissions-for-triggering-system-center-orchestrator-runbooks/

regards
Marcel

September 13th, 2012 11:07am

SCSM server = server_1

SCORCH server = server_2

SCSM management account = Acc_1

SCORH manageemnt account = Acc_2

Server_1 Local Admins:Acc_1, Acc_2

Server_2 Local Admins:Acc_1, Acc_2

SCORCHAdmin group:Acc_1, Acc_2

Permissions for runbook for top level and each:Acc_1, Acc_2

SCORCH Connector in SCSM account: Acc_2

What is wrong here?

Thank you.

September 13th, 2012 4:45pm

Hey

Strange ...

- Could it be a problem with Proxy Settings?
- Whathappens if you open the Orchestration Web Console (that connects to the Web Service to get the data)?

regards
Marcel

September 13th, 2012 4:55pm

I can normally start that Runbook I need in webconsole and it will finish successfully.

This two servers don't have proxy on a way between them.

September 13th, 2012 7:14pm

Have you checked that the account has permissions to the Runbooks in the Orchestrator Runbook designer?

http://systemcentertech.com/2011/11/29/service-manager-2012-orchestrator-connector/

October 2nd, 2012 11:11am

If the permissions are fine, and it used to work before and suddenly it stopped working, check that the Orchestrator connector is still working (test the account connection within the connector), if that fails... I'd suggest the old beloved trick, login into the Orchestrator database and run:

TRUNCATE TABLE [Microsoft.SystemCenter.Orchestrator.Internal].AuthorizationCache

October 31st, 2012 4:53pm

Just wanted to confirm for this thread (for others that may read in the future) that this is definitely not always permissions based. I hit just such a scenario yesterday with this error in which the Authorization Cache flush was the fix.
December 11th, 2012 4:47pm

I had this problem, the resolution was to:

1. open runbook designer

2. right click on RunBooks

3. Select permissions

4. add the user account that the connector is connecting as.

Hope this helps.

Justin

• Proposed as answer by Red_Beard Friday, May 17, 2013 7:36 PM
January 3rd, 2013 9:15pm

1. open runbook designer

3. Select permissions

Hope this helps.

Justin

• Proposed as answer by kbick675 Thursday, August 29, 2013 5:55 PM
January 3rd, 2013 9:21pm

As you can see is the reason that the System cannot handle the swiss german Language. In my case helped to Switch the regional Settings (also Keyboard Layout) to English on both Systems.

Hope this helps

Uwe

• Edited by BIT2BYTE Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:38 PM
  • Proposed as answer by BIT2BYTE Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:39 PM
February 18th, 2013 4:16pm

For future readers, what shaggy11101 posted worked fine for me.  I would add that I added the "Operational Database Account" to the local OrchestratorsUsersGroup on the Orchestrator server.  This group has full control at the Runbooks level.
March 8th, 2013 7:14pm

Thanks, this worked for me.
June 13th, 2013 8:51pm

1. open runbook designer

3. Select permissions

Hope this helps.

Justin

+1 This worked for me. THanks!
September 18th, 2013 8:26pm

I had the same issue, but had a really hard time finding a fix.  I must add that I also had issues with the web console not being found.  I looked at the usual permissions and didn't see anything out of the ordinary.  I eventually looked at IIS.  When I installed Orchestrator, it installed IIS for me.  However, it left out ASP.NET 4.5.  Once I added that, it worked.  You may want to verify that ASP.NET 4.5 is installed in the IIS server role.
October 23rd, 2013 12:03am

1. open runbook designer

3. Select permissions

Hope this helps.

Justin

+1 This worked for me. THanks!

Dear all just add SCSM Run as account to this attach picture

or add SCSM run as account member of local group OrchestratorsUsersGroup just work fine.

Thank shaggy11101 you point my way :)

October 29th, 2013 12:23pm

Yes! It helped a lot and you should be given a statue!
October 31st, 2013 7:42pm

Installing IIS 4.5 solved my problem. Thanks!
January 4th, 2014 3:26am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics