Correlation in Biztalk.

Hello All,

I reffered below link for learning basic correlation, I followed each step as stated there

but I don't understand which messages to drop in which folder that wasn't much clear for me.

can anybody help to make those things understand.

Thanks.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/13729.walkthrough-correlations-in-biztalk-orchestration.aspx

April 27th, 2015 5:29am

Hi,

You have to do the following steps:

• Create a Order document and set a custom value in the OrderID node. For example: 1234567890

<Order>
  <OrderID>1234567890</OrderID>
  <OrderType>MyType</OrderType>
  <OrderQty>100</OrderQty>
</Order>
  • Drop this file in the Receive location related with the port PortRcvOrder. For example: C:\SourceOrder\*.xml
  • Wait until a new file is geneated in the folder set in the port PortSndOrder. for example C:\GeneratedOrder\
  • Create a new Invoice document and set the same value that you have set in the OrderID node of the Order document in the InvoiceID property. For example: 1234567890.     
<Invoice>
   <InvoiceID>1234567890></InvoiceID>
   <Price>250</Price>
</Invoice>
  • Drop the invoice document in the receive location of the port PortRcvInvoice. For example C:\SourceInvoice\*.XML.
  • Wait until a file is generated in the folder set for the send port PortSndInvoice.

Regards.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 27th, 2015 5:48am

Thanks Osman.

and one more thing where correlation is happening in that..

can you please tell me in details..

April 27th, 2015 5:56am

In the send port PortSndOrder the correlation is started using the value of the node OrderID of the Order document.

In the receive port PortRcvInvoice the correlation is followed by using the value of the InvoiceID node in the received Invoice document.

The whole process guarantees that only the Invoice document that has an InvoiceID with the same value of the OrderID property of the Order document that has started the correlation, will be received by the running orchestration.

Regards

April 27th, 2015 6:07am

Its not working for me. giving following error.

A message received by adapter "FILE" on receive location "RcvLocInvoice" with URI "D:\Demo\BizTalk Server Project3\InvoiceIN\*.xml" is suspended.

Error details: The published message could not be routed because no subscribers were found. This error occurs if the subscribing orchestration or send port has not been enlisted, or if some of the message properties necessary for subscription evaluation have not been promoted. Please use the Biztalk Administration console to troubleshoot this failure.

On my both send I receive port,

I kept Receive pipeline and sendpipeline as "XmlReceive".

April 27th, 2015 6:35am

Can you paste the two documents that you are using, please?

You must be sure that the correlation is started in the PortSndOrder,  and must be followed in the port PortRcvInvoice in the orchestration workflow.

Also check that the Correlation Type is created by using the CommonID context property

It's mandatory that ReceiveLocation of the Invoice document uses the XMLReceive pipeline in order to promote the context properties automatically.

Regards

April 27th, 2015 6:39am

<ns0:Order xmlns:ns0="http://BizTalk_Server_Project3.OrderSchema">
  <OrderType>Electronics</OrderType>
  <OrderID>852123</OrderID>
  <OrderQty>2</OrderQty>
  </ns0:Order>

<ns0:Invoice xmlns:ns0="http://BizTalk_Server_Project3.InvoiceSchema">
  <InvoiceID>852123</InvoiceID>
  <Price>550</Price>
  </ns0:Invoice>

April 27th, 2015 7:01am

The documents are OK, so it seems to be a problem with the correlation.

Please check the following:

• OrderID and InvoiceID fields are used for CommonID property promotion in both schemas.
  • CorrelationType is created using CommonID context property.
  • Correlation is started in port PortSndOrder and is followed in port PortRcvInvoice.
  • XMLReceive pipeline is used in PortRcvInvoice port.

April 27th, 2015 7:16am

I have checked that.

anyway I will check that once again.

And thanks Osman to bare me, as I am new in Biztalk.

Thanks a lot.

April 27th, 2015 7:24am

Do not worry at all. If you need help with anything, feel free to ask.

If you  want, share the code of your test and I will test it in my local environment. If I find something wrong I'll tell you.

Regards.

April 27th, 2015 7:49am

Hi,

You have to do the following steps:

• Create a Order document and set a custom value in the OrderID node. For example: 1234567890

<Order>
  <OrderID>1234567890</OrderID>
  <OrderType>MyType</OrderType>
  <OrderQty>100</OrderQty>
</Order>
  • Drop this file in the Receive location related with the port PortRcvOrder. For example: C:\SourceOrder\*.xml
  • Wait until a new file is geneated in the folder set in the port PortSndOrder. for example C:\GeneratedOrder\
  • Create a new Invoice document and set the same value that you have set in the OrderID node of the Order document in the InvoiceID property. For example: 1234567890.     
<Invoice>
   <InvoiceID>1234567890></InvoiceID>
   <Price>250</Price>
</Invoice>
  • Drop the invoice document in the receive location of the port PortRcvInvoice. For example C:\SourceInvoice\*.XML.
  • Wait until a file is generated in the folder set for the send port PortSndInvoice.

Regards.

• Marked as answer by NeelPatil1990 Monday, April 27, 2015 10:59 AM
April 27th, 2015 9:45am

Thanks Osman.

and one more thing where correlation is happening in that..

can you please tell me in details..

April 27th, 2015 9:53am

In the send port PortSndOrder the correlation is started using the value of the node OrderID of the Order document.

In the receive port PortRcvInvoice the correlation is followed by using the value of the InvoiceID node in the received Invoice document.

The whole process guarantees that only the Invoice document that has an InvoiceID with the same value of the OrderID property of the Order document that has started the correlation, will be received by the running orchestration.

Regards

April 27th, 2015 10:04am

Can you paste the two documents that you are using, please?

You must be sure that the correlation is started in the PortSndOrder,  and must be followed in the port PortRcvInvoice in the orchestration workflow.

Also check that the Correlation Type is created by using the CommonID context property

It's mandatory that ReceiveLocation of the Invoice document uses the XMLReceive pipeline in order to promote the context properties automatically.

Regards

April 27th, 2015 10:36am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics