Correcting Authentication screen
I have a problem at the authentication screen where my login (username,pwd,domain)is "blacked out(unviewable)" as if it were a display error, but when I managed to login my display is normal. can anyone help in this regard? Thanks
September 21st, 2007 9:03pm

I am having exactly the same problem, but can't find any info on it anywhere. Windows server 2003 SBS.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 5th, 2008 6:46am

Hi, This symptom is probably caused by drivers. Did you install or update any hardware drivers before the "login windows missing" issue occurs? At this time, could you pleas confirm the following information for further research: 1) Does the issue occur every time when you log onto the authentication screen? 2) During the system booting, enter F8 and choose "Restore last known good configuration", to check if the issue still persists. 3) When login Windows disappears, please use the keyboard combination "Ctrl, Alt and Delete" to test if Task Manager windows pops-up? If possible, please repair the system using installation CD. About repair the system, please refer to: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315341/en-us Thanks. Best wishes,--------------Morgan Che Microsoft Online Community Support
February 1st, 2008 12:46pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics