Correct setting to get the Server as the only route to internet ?
0Dear all, I have 4 client running windows 7. Then I have a ISP router which is at adress 192.168.1.1 and configured as DHCP like most ISP router I have a server which is at a fxed adress 192.168.1.102 This is the only server I have which manage AD and FS and set as a DC. I would like that all client could not go to internet except through this server I face some trouble finding correct setting Actually client are configured as follow: IP: 192.168.1.10 mask:255.255.255.0 Default gateway : 192.168.1.1 DNS : 192.168.1.102 Thnaks for help on ho should I configure clientYour knowledge is enhanced by that of others.
April 25th, 2011 1:40pm

I have been called to an audit on the customer who has actually a configuration where every client do whatever he want. What i would liek to do is to reduce this big security gap . I know that is not a good point to palce the DC directly behind the ISP router but so far this is the onlw choice I have untill I found something more professionnal. I need to get a real firewarll ( may be hardware is better). Do you see a problem by having all client pointing directly to default gateway router or is it a potential risk ? I try to get a secure environement at this customer in order to reduce maintenance and improve perfomance thnaks for help regards sergeYour knowledge is enhanced by that of others.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 25th, 2011 10:00pm

If I get a hardware router, where do I place it and with which adress based on picture above ? regards sergeYour knowledge is enhanced by that of others.
April 27th, 2011 4:55pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics