CoreFoundation issue
When I click on my settings I get a pop-up that tells me CoreFoundation.dll is missing or has been deleted from my files. How do I fix this?
September 15th, 2010 4:39pm

Corefoundation.dll is a Dynamic Link Library from Apple Computer, Inc and is typically used with the iTunes software. How to install corefoundation.dll? To install corefoundation.dll, copy the DLL file to the %System% folder. If the corefoundation.dll file is missing, download the file from a reliable and trustworthy online DLL directory and copy the file to your Systems folder. Next, perform the following steps to register this DLL: Click the Start menu and select Run . Type cmd in the Open box and then press Enter. Next, in the Command Prompt window, type the following and press Enter to register the DLL file: regsvr32 corefoundation.dll Type exit and press Enter to close the Command Prompt window. Note : %System% is a variable that refers to your system folder. This by default is C:\Windows\System32 in Windows XP/Vista, C:\Winnt\System32 in Windows NT/2000, and C:\Windows\2000 in Windows 95/98/ME Deleted corefoundation.dll by mistake – how to recover it Often, users delete important DLLs and other files by mistake, causing “missing or not found [filename]” errors to occur. If you have accidentally deleted the corefoundation.dll file, use the pointers listed below to recover the file: Recover corefoundation.dll from Recycle Bin – Check the contents of your Recycle Bin and if you find the DLL there, recover it. Use a reliable third-party recovery tool – If the corefoundation.dll is gone from the Recycle Bin, use a reliable and advanced file recovery software, such as Spotmau Powersuite or Data Recovery Pro to recover the DLL file. Corefoundation.dll Error When you start your computer or load an application, you may receive error messages, similar to the ones listed below: “The corefoundation.dll is missing” “Corefoundation.dll could not be found. Try reinstalling [application name]” " Can’t find corefoundation.dll , can’t start AppleSyncNotifier.exe " Errors, such as the ones above, generally occur when the corefoundation.dll file is missing, damaged, or corrupt. Depending on the cause of the corefoundation.dll error, you may perform any of the following corrective steps to fix the error: Reinstall the application that is generating the corefoundation.dll error If the corefoundation.dll file on your system is damaged, uninstall and then reinstall the application that is generating the error. On a Windows computer, you may use the built-in Add or Remove programs utility, or a reliable third-party uninstaller tool to completely uninstall programs and applications. Perform a malware scan Often, malware, such as viruses, trojans, worms, and rootkits corrupt the DLLs files, such as corefoundation.dll by deleting or altering the codes embedded in these files. If a malware has corrupted your copy of corefoundation.dll, perform a malware scan, using advanced protective software, such as Antivirus Plus and StopZilla to repair the DLL and fix the recurring corefoundation.dll error. Download the missing corefoundation.dll file If the corefoundation.dll file is missing, download the DLL from a reliable source on the Internet. Corefoundation.dll problem with QuickTime 7.6.4 After upgrading your QuickTime to version 7.6.4, you may receive the following corefoundation.dll error: “The procedure entry point _CBBundleCopyFileTypeForFileData could not be located in the dynamic link library CoreFoundation.dll” One way of fixing the above error is by switching to your previous version of QuickTime. You may also contact Apple Inc. for support to fix the above error. Reference: http://dllcentral.com/corefoundation.dll/1.434.6/ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 15th, 2010 4:52pm

Hi, I would like to confirm that do you have Apple application installed? After searching from the Internet, I find a lot of the same issues. In addition to “Mr X’s” suggestion, I also would like to provide you a simple method to fix this issue. If you do have Apple application installed, please refer to the link below, follow the steps to uninstall and reinstall Apple application. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1925 For more information, please refer to the following article: MobileMe: "CoreFoundation.dll was not found" or " Apple Application Support is missing" alert http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2211 Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. Regards,Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
September 16th, 2010 3:38am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics