Conversion to a domain
We recently converted to a domain (Server 08). I am having problems getting individual user settings to stick. For example, yesterday (which I expected to be a bad day) I had to set default printers, go through the IE8 settings (seach engine, accelerators, etc.), basically reset individual software settings and set up e-mail (no exchange server). Well today when the users log on none of those settings kept. I had to go around again this morning doing all that. Roaming profiles are enable because I figured it would be beneficial because some users do move around occasionally.
June 2nd, 2009 5:13pm

Hello Travis,assuming that you have used GPOs for the settings, did you link the GPOs to the OU where the users/computers are located? Did you run "gpresult /v" or "rsop" on the client to check if the policies are applied?Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 3rd, 2009 1:11am

I did run gpresult /v and I'm currently going through the logs. I'll post more later. Thanks!
June 3rd, 2009 6:01pm

Hi Travis,do you have a chance to update the output of "gpresult /v" here?This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 7th, 2009 6:08am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics